Front Page

Previous Story

Next Story

NIH Record vertical blue bar column separator
Study Subjects Sought graphic

Pelvic Pain Relief Study

NIH invites women with endometriosis to take part in a pain relief study of the drug raloxifene (Evista). Call 1-800-411-1222 for more information.

Malaria Vaccine Study Needs Volunteers

Healthy men and women ages 18-45, without previous history of malaria or receipt of a malaria vaccine, are needed to participate in a study on the safety and effectiveness of a new investigational malaria vaccine at Walter Reed Army Institute of Research in Silver Spring. Health screening and financial compensation provided. Call 1-866-856-3259 toll free or (301) 319-9335/9320, or visit

Have Premature Ovarian Failure (POF)?

NIH offers a variety of studies for POF. If you are 18-42, you may be able to take part. Call 1-800-411-1222 or 1-866-411-1010 TTY.

Weight and Insulin Study

The Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences is conducting a study examining weight and stress responses to exercise in African American and Caucasian men and women between the ages of 18 and 45. Volunteers will be compensated for their participation. Call (301) 295-1371 or email

Parkinson's Disease Study

People with Parkinson's disease may be able to participate in a study of the experimental drug fipamezole at NIH. For more information call 1-800-411-1222 (TTY 1-866-411-1010).

Have Kidney Disease?

Call NIH at 1-800-411-1222 for new kidney studies, including lupus nephritis, membranous nephropathy and focal segmental glomerulosclerosis. Treatment provided at no cost. Transportation may be provided. (TTY: 1-866-411-1010) Email

Have Rheumatoid Arthritis?

If so, consider taking part in an NIH medical research study. For more information call 1-800-411-1222 (TTY 1-866-411-1010).

Volunteers 18 and Older

NIMH seeks volunteers over age 18 for clinical trials exploring the research effects of medications compared to placebo for the treatment of depression and bipolar disorder. If you are interested call 496-5645 (TTY: 1-866-411-1010).

Up to Top