NIH To Celebrate Pi Day, Mar. 14
NIH will hold a Pi Day Celebration on 3.14 (Mar. 14). Pi Day is observed on this day around the world; to see how others are marking it, visit www.piday.org. The goal of the NIH event is to increase awareness across the community of the role that the quantitative sciences play in biomedical science.
The day will be packed with events, including a keynote address by Dr. Carlos Bustamante, chair of Stanford’s new department of biomedical data science (1 p.m., Lipsett Amphitheater, Bldg. 10). The lecture will be open to the public and available by videocast.
Other events include:
- PiCo Lightning Talks — 3 slides, 1 idea, 4 minutes (10-11 a.m.)
- Poster/Demo Session and Networking Event, with food provided by FAES (11 a.m.-1 p.m.)
- Workshop on Reproducible Research, (2:30-4:30 p.m.)
- Pi Day Scholars Event for high school students and their teachers (all day)
- Pies by Eurest available for purchase and donation
Join the Pi Day conversation—include #NIH_PiDay in your tweets. For more information, including a schedule of events, visit https://datascience.nih.gov/PiDay2016.