Second Town Hall on Achieving Racial and Ethnic Equity Set
The second Virtual Town Hall on Achieving Racial and Ethnic Equity at NIH will be held on Wednesday, Nov. 17 from 11 a.m. to noon ET.
On the agenda: accomplishments since the launch of UNITE, how UNITE fits within both the HHS and federal government’s efforts to advance racial and ethnic equity, what we have learned from our analysis of NIH workforce data, and what motivated a member of the NIH anti-racism steering committee to join this NIH-wide effort. Frequently asked questions submitted in advance will be addressed too.
Set to participate:
- Francis Collins, NIH director
- Lawrence Tabak, NIH principal deputy director and UNITE co-chair
- Marie Bernard, NIH chief officer for scientific workforce diversity and UNITE co-chair
- Kenneth Gibbs, chief of the Undergraduate and Predoctoral Cross-Disciplinary Training Branch, NIGMS, and member of the UNITE I committee
- Alfred Johnson, NIH deputy director for management and UNITE co-chair
- Yi He, scientific support for NHLBI’s Protein Expression Facility and member of the NIH anti-racism steering committee
To join the Webinar, go to https://nih.zoomgov.com/j/1608825879?pwd=STFVNk1IZlNaTWRSWWVUVnA4ZFJLQT09.