Seven DEIA Listening Sessions Planned
Senior leaders of NIH will hear directly from our special emphasis populations about the specific workforce related challenges they experience and their recommendations for effecting change. A series of seven listening sessions will provide a safe space for members of each population and their allies to share insights. The populations include: Asian American, Native Hawaiian and Pacific Islander, Black/African American, Hispanic/Latino, Native American, people with disabilities, sexual and gender minority and women.
Any member of the community or ally will have an opportunity to share their perspectives on workforce related challenges and solutions. Forums will focus solely on listening. There will not be a question-and-answer segment.
The first session will take place on Friday, July 22 from 1:45 to 2:45 p.m. (ET) and will focus on the Asian American, Native Hawaiian and Pacific Islander populations.
Other sessions scheduled:
- Black/African American, Wednesday, Aug. 3, 2–3 p.m.
- Hispanic/Latino, Friday, Aug. 19, 9–10 a.m.
- Native American, Monday, Aug. 22, 11 a.m.–noon
- People with Disabilities, Friday, Sept. 9, 111 a.m.–noon
- Sexual & Gender Minority, Tuesday, Oct. 25, 2-3 p.m.
- Women, Friday, Oct. 19, 4-5 p.m.
Visit the intranet site at https://bit.ly/3Ppeqqy to join the sessions and to get updates. Each session will be moderated and recorded.