skip navigation
Vol. LVIII, No. 6
March 24, 2006

previous story

Weight and Insulin Study
The Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences is conducting a study examining weight and stress responses to exercise in African-American men and women between the ages of 18 and 45. Volunteers will be compensated for their participation. Call (301) 295-1371 or email

Exercise Study Volunteers Wanted
The Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences is looking for healthy, 18-45-year-old men and women interested in completing an IRB-approved research project. Project entails completing a step test with knee bends, and blood draws on two other days. If interested call (301) 295-1371 or email Volunteers will be compensated for their participation.

Can Exercise Improve Well-being for Cancer Survivors?
This study is being conducted to determine whether Tai Chi or indoor stationary cycling best helps cancer survivors improve physical fitness and well-being, reduce stress and favorably affect blood cholesterol and triglyceride levels. Disease-free cancer survivors between 18-60 years of age who have received chemotherapy and/or biologic therapy as part of cancer treatment, completed treatment at least 2 years following their initial diagnosis or at least 5 years after cancer recurrence may be eligible for this study. For more information call 1-800-411-1222.

Siblings, One with Lupus, One Without
Siblings with lupus are invited to participate in NIH study 03-E-0099. Compensation provided. Call 1-866-444-2214 (TTY 1-866-411-1010)

Healthy Children Needed
Healthy child volunteers (ages 8-12) are needed for a brain imaging study of attention. This study consists of two visits. All procedures are non-invasive; no blood draws will be performed. Compensation is provided for each visit. For more information call Meryl Wagman at (301) 402-3893.

Healthy Volunteers Needed
Doctors at NIH are conducting a study that examines the tongue. Call 1-866-444-2214, (TTY 1-866-411-1010). Refer to study 01-CC-0044. Compensation is provided.

Have Enlarged Gums?
Do you have enlarged gums and are you taking dilantin, cyclosporine or calcium channel-blockers? If so, take part in an NIH study. Call 1-866-444-2214 (TTY 1-866-411-1010). Refer to study 05-D-0103.

HIV-Positive Volunteers
HIV-positive volunteers who are off anti-HIV medications, CD4+ 350 or greater, without hepatitis B or C, are needed for a research study. Financial compensation is provided. Call 1-866-444-2214 or TTY 1-866-411-1010. Refer to study 05-I-0065.